Be motivated and inspired to travel, explore, have adventures, escape, getaway, globe trot and wander across the world with these 12 best travel quotes.
- “And then I realised, adventures are the best way to learn.” – Anais Nin
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerso
- “Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote and I know I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
- “When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
- “An investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
- “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
Do you have your own favourite travel quote? Share it via the comments below. We’re going to keep adding to this list and we’d love your help!