I am a total self love junkie. I believe that loving yourself is the key to living a life you love and feeling happy in your own skin.
I’m addicted to reading about self love, listening to other people talk about it too. To help inspire you to fall in self-love, start Mastering The Art Of Self-Love, and enjoy reading my favourite self love quotes listed below.
1. “Loving the self, to me, begins with never ever criticizing ourselves for anything. Criticism locks us into the very pattern we are trying to change. Understanding and being gentle with ourselves helps us to move out of it. Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
We can be so critical and mean to ourselves. When you constantly put yourself down you’re almost guaranteed to feel miserable. Self love requires changing the dialogue in your head. It means being gentle, kind and accepting of who you really are.
2. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
There is no check-list for self love; there is nothing that you must do, feel or be in order to experience it. Self love is simply accepting yourself, exactly as you are, no matter what you do or how you feel.
3. “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives.” – Louise Hay
When you accept and approve of yourself you can stop seeking external approval or validation. When you do this you can start living in alignment with how you really want to feel and you can start making choices that support and nourish you on every level.
4. “Treat yourself as if you already are enough. Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.” – Geneen Roth
The key to loving yourself is realising that you are worthy and deserving of self love. You don’t need to change who you are first or be a better person – who you are right now is truly enough.
5. “Make a pledge to yourself right now, to declare that you are worth your time and energy.” – Deborah Day
Another beautiful and simple quote that highlights that you are worthy of self love. No matter how busy you be may, it is so important to keep devoting your time and energy to your self love and self care.
See also My Favourite Self-Care Tools
6. “Joy is the barometer for deep self love.” – Melissa Ambrosini
When we love ourselves as we are, we open ourselves up to inner happiness; and the joy that comes from self acceptance is priceless.
7. “You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.” – Cheryl Strayed
I adore the idea of being a ‘warrior for love’. Flexing our self love muscles definitely requires us to stretch into kindness, self forgiveness, and emotional bravery.
8. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
When you love yourself and stop constantly berating yourself, life becomes so much easier. When you have your own back it’s pretty amazing how much you can accomplish.
9. “Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect.” – Brene Brown
I cannot get enough of Brene Brown and I think everyone should read her books. To experience self love and self worth it’s vital that you stop trying to be perfect. Dare to be imperfect and watch your self love blossom.
Now it’s your turn. Do you have your own favourite quotes about loving yourself? Share them via the comment section below.
Don’t forget to start Mastering The Art Of Self-Love – a (free) mini eCourse (featuring exclusive tips and advice from myself and other dedicated self-care coaches) designed to teach you to cultivate and practice self-love.
P.S. Do you know someone who might appreciate this read? Spread the love and share it with them now, helping us create a happier world filled with self love and self acceptance.