Sometimes we fancy a little mid-morning or mid-afternoon chocolate treat, but commercial sweets are loaded with refined sugar and lack anything even remotely resembling a nutrient.
These raw energy balls will satisfy your sweet tooth and deliver a powerful punch of vitamins, minerals, protein and healthy fats. Plus the active constituent of raw cacao, theobromine, will boost mental and cognitive performance – so you may want to have one at your desk!
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe, you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts including yours truly. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp of water
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
This is a ‘no-bake’ recipe, making them pretty easy to make:
- Grind the almonds into small chunks using a food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients except the chia seeds and blend.
- Once you have an even consistency, scrape out the processor and place the mixture on wax paper
- Shape into small balls and roll in a light coating of chia seeds
- Let them firm up in the fridge for an hour or so (and keep them stored in the fridge).
Do you have a healthy energy balls recipe you can share? Inspire the thousands of people who come here by sharing your favourite recipe with us, in the comment section below.
P.S. Who do you know that loves chocolate energy balls (or energy ball recipes with dates – medjool dates are the best!). Share this recipe with them now. They’ll be thanking you for it later!