This oven-baked pancakes recipe is from Lee Holmes Supercharged Food cookbook, ‘Eat Right For Your Shape’. The book contains deliciously healthy Ayurvedic recipes for a brand new you.
This springtime recipe that’s specially designed for Pittas and Vattas (you can find out which dosha you are at the start of the book) is so easy to make. As Lee says, it can be whipped up in a few minutes and then popped in the oven, while you enjoy a cup of tea. So forget oven-baked pancakes that use pre-made pancake mixes. This is your new go-to recipe.
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
INGREDIENTS (serves 3–4)
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted, for greasing
- 80 g (2¾ oz/¾ cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) almond or rice milk
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) mixed berries, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 25 cm (10 inch) ovenproof frying pan or baking dish with the ghee.
- Put the almond meal, rice malt syrup, salt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the peach and berries in the prepared pan and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. To serve, slice into wedges and top with extra rice malt syrup and berries.
- To balance kapha, replace the berries with chopped apple and the almond meal with buckwheat or brown rice flour.
- If you’re wondering whether you can bake pancake batter in muffin tins, the answer is yes – you can! This recipe can be made in four individual ramekins and baked for 15–20 minutes, for a delicious warm ‘breakfast custard’. Voilà – there you have it – pancake muffins from scratch.
Want more from where this recipe came from? Get your copy of ‘Eat Right For Your Shape’ for more deliciously healthy Ayurvedic recipes like this, plus a beautifully curated collection of Ayurvedic lifestyle advice (think wholesome nutrition, yoga, meditation, mindfulness & reducing toxins from your environment).
Now we want to know – have you ever made oven-baked pancakes? If so, how did they turn out? Or do you have a question about the recipe? Pop it in the comments below, we can’t wait to chat to you!
P.S. Do you know someone who might adore this recipe, or ‘Eat Right For Your Shape‘, by Lee Holmes, just as much as us? Be a fellow health foodie and share this with them now, via one of the big share buttons below.
Recipes and Images from Supercharged Food: Eat Right For Your Shape, by Lee Holmes (murdochbooks)