In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means Casa de Karma (casadekarma.com.au) and its related bodies corporate.
Note: We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We may collect and hold information you disclose through your completion of our surveys, competition entries or or newsletter sing up. We may collect your:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- personal interests;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information for market research purposes to improve the quality of our business, products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- when you complete survey
- when you enter a competition on our website
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
- to communicate with you including by email;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to personalise and customise your experience;
- to verify your identity;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not register as a member of the website, or confirm your newsletter subscription, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only, such as eligibility to win prizes);
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
HOW DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
Our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, business partners or joint venture entities or partners; our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services; specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary; as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may send you direct marketing communications about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent via email, mail or SMS, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth).
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (at [email protected]) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us (at [email protected]).
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us ([email protected]). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.