Instagram sensation @nourishingnicola recently took out a spot on our list of Top 50 Instagram Accounts to Follow for Healthy Food Inspiration (needless to say, she’s awesome!). Here she reveals the recipe to her most favourite raw vegan treat – the chocolate mint slice. YUM!
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 squares):
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (I used Coconut Magic)
- 2 Tbs raw cacao powder (I used Loving Earth)
- 1 Tbs raw cacao nibs
- 1/2-2/3 cup rice malt syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (I used Coconut Magic)
- 1/2 rice malt syrup
- 4-5 drops of peppermint essence or peppermint oil
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
1/4 raw cacao powder
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup raw cacao butter
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and sticky
- Mould into a lined baking cake tin and place in freezer for approx. 20 minutes until solid.
- Blend cashews until silky smooth. A ball of dough like consistency should form
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth
- Spread over the base and freeze for a good 4-5 hours until solid.
- Blend cashews again until smooth
- Melt the cacao butter on a low heat over a stove top
- Pour into the blender with cashews, cacao and rice malt
- Once combined spread over mint layer and freeze again until solid
Have you got a question for Nicola about this recipe or how to make it? You can ask away via the comments below.
PS: Know someone who’d love this raw vegan choc mint slice recipe? Share it with them now :-).