This vegan gluten-free ice cream sandwich recipe still packs a punch of flavour and nutrients, by way of yummy almonds, dates, cacao, banana and coconut cream – so not too many ingredients and no baking required (but 100% delish).
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6):
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1½ cups almonds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 frozen banana (the riper it is the more the banana flavour will come through – use your own judgement as to how you’d like them to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 200ml coconut cream
- Cover dates in boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Process drained dates, almonds, cacao powder and a pinch of salt into a sticky dough, adding some of the date soaking liquid if the mixture is too dry.
- Press half the dough into heart-shaped moulds or the base of a 9x13in brownie pan and set aside, reserving the remaining dough in an airtight container.
- Use a food processor to blend bananas, vanilla and coconut cream (plus any add-ins your using) then pour over base.
- Freeze overnight or until set.
- Spread remaining dough over icecream and press in nuts and cacao nibs if using.
- Place back in the freezer to set, approximately 3-4 hours.
- Serve drizzled with chocolate or serves with fresh berries (or ideally both!).
Got a question about this raw, vegan ice cream sandwich recipe? Ask away via the comments below.
PS: Have you got a friend who you know would love this raw vegan nicecream sandwich recipe? Send them some love by sharing this recipe with them.