Want to make fudgy brownies with coconut oil instead of unhealthy vegetable oil? TICK. Need a chocolate fudge brownie recipe with cacao instead of the sugary coco powder? TICK. Need a super easy salted caramel sauce recipe? TICK!
This decadent fudgy brownies recipe is from Sophie Fisher’s (otherwise known as @coconutandbliss on Instagram) soon-to-launch ebook. Sophie recently landed herself a spot on our list of the 50 Best Instagram Accounts for Healthy Food Inspiration, so be sure to check her out!
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 ½ tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp mesquite (optional)
- 1 tbsp. almond (or macadamia) butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- Generous sprinkle of salt
Scroll for instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- Grease 4 individual ramekins with coconut oil.
- Place all ‘cake’ ingredients into one bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour into the ramekins and bake for 22-25 minutes or until just firm on top.
- Meanwhile, place all the ‘sauce’ ingredients into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil or until a thick, pouring consistency is achieved.
- Serve the brownie the hot caramel sauce.
Got a question for Sophie about this recipe? Just ask below via the comment section!
P.S. Do you know someone with a sweet tooth who would just LOVE this recipe? Well send them some sweet lovin’ by sharing this recipe with them now.